FOSS Weekly #34 - Another RISC-V Laptop, Android 14, updates from PeerTube and Thunderbird
Welcome to this week's edition of FOSS Weekly! Last week was busy with all kinds of updates, ranging from open hardware news to software and distro releases. FOSDEM concluded last Sunday, so we have some updates from there too!
- Thunderbird is rewriting their interface from scratch [thunderbird.net]
- Balthazar: a RISC-V laptop backed by the EU [balthazar.space]
- Framework is making 2 TB SSDs for the Steam Deck [frame.work]
- PeerTube roadmap for 2023 [joinpeertube.org]
- Raspberry Pi Pico W gets Bluetooth support [tomshardware.com]
🐧 Linux updates
- Linux 6.1 is the 2022 LTS kernel [phoronix.com]
- Fedora 39 development schedule released [fedoraproject.org]
- EndeavourOS Cassini Neo released [endeavouros.com]
- Endless OS 5.0 released [endlessos.com]
- ONLY OFFICE Docs 7.3 [github.com]
- NetworkManager 1.42 [networkmanager.dev]
- Android 14 developer preview [googleblog.com]
- Transmission 4.0.0 [github.com]
- GNU Health Hospital Management 4.2 [savannah.gnu.org]
🔗 Also read
- This Week in GNOME [thisweek.gnome.org]
- This Week in KDE [pointieststick.com]
- Fedora weekly round up [fedoraproject.org]
FOSS Weekly is the easiest way to keep up with open source software! Don't miss the next issue 👇 Prefer RSS?
Thank you for reading FOSS Weekly :) Want to support? You can sponsor an issue or buy me a coffee.